Help Secure AOII’s Future by Serving on the Foundation Board
The Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for Board positions for the 2017-2019 term. Candidates should have a passion for the Foundation’s mission of enhancing the lives of our members and Securing the Future of our Fraternity through leadership development, scholarships, and philanthropic endeavors.
Qualified candidates will be prepared to make meaningful contributions in five key areas:
- Strategic Governance & Fiduciary Responsibility, including the ability to develop and promote the strategic agenda and responsibly manage and allocate funds;
- Fundraising, including actively cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current and prospective donors, serving as a spokesperson, and donating at a pacesetting level;
- Oversight, including collaborating with and supporting staff and volunteers;
- Leadership, including modeling AOII values and positively advocating for the Foundation and Fraternity; and
- Commitment, including prioritizing Board service and actively participating in and satisfying all Board member obligations.
The reward for service is the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to Secure the Future of Alpha Omicron Pi and improve the lives of our members and those we serve.
If you or a sister you know may be qualified and interested in this opportunity, please see the documents below for detailed information about board member responsibilities and expectations and the nominating process, as well as the Candidate Nomination Form. If you have questions, you may send an email to email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Thursday, December 1, 2016, and candidate interviews will begin shortly afterwards. The Nominating Committee will then present the ballot of nominees to Council for election at International Convention in June 2017.
Thank you for helping the AOII Foundation identify new leaders as we continue to work for you and for Alpha Omicron Pi!
The AOII Foundation Nominating Committee:
Phyllis Austin, Nu Lambda, Nominating Committee Chair & Foundation Board Director Emeritus
Allison Allgier, Epsilon Omega, Past International President
Kathleen Donohue, Epsilon Chi, Foundation Scholarship Committee Chair & Past Foundation Board Director
Linda Grandolfo, Nu Iota, Foundation Board Secretary
Christine Graves, Phi Chi, Foundation Governance Committee Member
To see the AOII Foundation Board Officer Position Descriptions, click here.
To download the Candidate Nomination Form and Foundation Board Member Expectations, please click here.
Please contact Nominating Committee Chair Phyllis Austin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (310) 480-3130.