The Arthritis Foundation awards the Arthritis Champions Scholarship annually to deserving students with arthritis or a related rheumatic disease who impact the arthritis community, serving as positive role models and leaders; live their best life, while empowering others to do the same.
The Arthritis Champions Scholarship is generously funded by Dr. & Mrs. Walter J. Winterhoff, Dr. Smriti Bardhan and Alpha Omicron Pi.
Eligible Applicants At-a-Glance
- Have doctor-diagnosed arthritis or related rheumatic disease
- Have and maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA
- U.S. citizen or a legal and permanent resident of the U.S.
- Accepted to an accredited undergraduate, graduate program, or medical school
- Engaged Arthritis Foundation advocate, fundraiser, participant, volunteer and/or supporter
2021 Scholarship Timeline
- January 8: Scholarship Application Opens Online
- March 31: Scholarship Application Closes at 5 pm Eastern Time
- June 4: Applicants are contacted by email with final decisions
Click here to view a downloadable flyer to share with family and friends. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
There is no guarantee that the scholarship will be available each year, nor the amount of the scholarship that will be available to applicants in any future year. No member of Arthritis Foundation Staff, National Board of Directors, or Scholarship Committee, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for a scholarship award.