AOII Mentor Power Hours
During Virtual Leadership Institute 2020, AOII members had the opportunity to participate in Mentor Power Hours. After seeing the positive networking experience this was able to provide our virtual attendees, the Fraternity is now offering an opportunity to meet other AOIIs in your field to all alumnae and collegiate members.
What are Mentor Power Hours?
Mentor Power Hours are virtual networking opportunities for collegiate and alumnae members in the same career field. Members will be spilt up into small groups to ask and answer career-based questions, share experiences and expertise, and begin creating relationships with sisters of different chapters, ages, and backgrounds.
Scheduled Session Times:
- Arts & Entertainment: Wednesday, March 2 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Counseling / Community & Social Services: Wednesday, March 9 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Government: Wednesday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Nonprofit Management: Wednesday, March 23 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Law & Public Safety: Wednesday, April 13 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Marketing, Sales & Real Estate: Wednesday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Science & Mathematics: Wednesday, April 27 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Virtual & Work from Home: Wednesday, May 4 at 7:30 p.m. CT
- Accounting & Finance: Wednesday, May 11 at 7:30 p.m. CT
Note: If you do not see your career field listed, your session has not yet been scheduled.
Click the link below to sign up now! In this form you will select the career field that is most closely related to your career or educational path. You will also be asked to fill out information that will allow you to connect with other AOII sisters in your field during or after the Mentor Power Hour.
Registration for Spring Mentor Power Hours
The following sessions were held from August-April 2020-2021: Accounting & Finance, Arts & Entertainment, Business / Management / Administration, Communication / Marketing / PR / Broadcasting, Counseling / Community & Social Services, Higher Education, Early / Elementary Education, Engineering & Technology, General Networking, Government, Grad School (applications normally due in December, Law School (applications normally due in December), Law & Public Safety, Nonprofit Management, Nursing, Healthcare / Medical, Marketing / Sales / Real Estate, Science & Mathematics, and Secondary Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the session for my career field take place?
- Grad School
- Law School
- Business / Management / Administration
- Communication / Marketing / PR / Broadcasting
- Healthcare / Medical
- Accounting & Finance
- Counseling / Community & Social Services
- General Networking Session
- Med School
- Marketing / Sales / Real Estate
- Arts & Entertainment
- Engineering & Technology
- Nonprofit Management
- Law & Public Safety
- Higher Education
- Science & Mathematics
- Early / Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
I don’t see a session time scheduled for my career field.
What if I cannot make the session time scheduled for my career field?
Don’t worry sister! You can still sign up! Fill out the form and choose that you would like to attend future Mentor Power Hours for your career field. You will be contacted about future sessions and can still have your contact information shared with other sisters in your field if you choose to do so!
If you still have questions regarding Mentor Power Hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.