Virtual Leadership Academy 2021
Alpha Omicron Pi is excited to host Virtual Leadership Academy January 9-10, 2021 in place of an on-site LA. This virtual event will provide new officers and two advisers with training specific to your role, as well as give you the opportunity to build relationships with other sisters from chapters across North America.
LA 2021 Attendees
We are excited to share that the following 2021 Collegiate Chapter Officers are invited to attend Leadership Academy 2021:
- Chapter President
- VP Chapter Development
- VP Standards
- VP Membership Recruitment
- VP Communications
- Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
In addition to these six collegiate officers, Leadership Academy 2021 will have two Adviser tracks for the following:
- Chapter Adviser
- One new adviser, with less than three years of advising experience
LA’s Keynote Presentation
“Managing Friendships as a Woman Leader”
Danielle Bayard Jackson (certified friendship coach, author, and founder of Friend Forward) will give a 25-30 minute keynote presentation (Q&A to follow) that highlights the importance of managing friendships as a woman leader. This will include:
- Creating and sustaining personal friendships as a woman in leadership
- How to facilitate friendship and connection among those we lead
By the end of the presentation, attendees will:
- Understand the importance of maintaining personal friendships when in a position of authority
- Understand how to model the key elements of platonic relationships for the women they lead
- Have the confidence and skills to mediate hard conversations between women they lead in an effort to help them create and sustain meaningful relationships with other women
- How to manage / balance friendships with women you lead (including how to communicate expectations, boundaries, and needs)
LA Scholarship Application
Scholarships to cover a portion of LA chapter registration fees are available thanks to the generosity of the AOII Foundation. The application period for LA 2021 has closed and chapters have been notified.
Registration has closed. If you have questions about your chapter’s registered attendees please reach out to Sarah Tuttle, Assistant Director of Events as soon as possible.
We look forward to a wonderful Virtual Leadership Academy, January 9-10, 2021. Additional information regarding the event schedule will be provided to registered attendees at a later date.