Our members continue to process thoughts about and experience personal ramifications regarding the United States Supreme Court ruling on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. We support an individual’s personal right to make private medical decisions and to determine their own future.
As an organization, we are advocates for education, especially regarding women’s health and will continue to support our philanthropic partner, the Arthritis Foundation, in their efforts to ensure gender equity in access to medication and treatment. As individual members, we have the ability to advocate for change by aligning ourselves with a cause, educating ourselves and others, and being active participants through activism and civic involvement.
- Align yourself with a cause by examining your values and how your actions reflect those values. Listen thoughtfully when those around you express their experiences and feelings.
- Educate yourself by seeking out knowledge on the topic and becoming familiar with available resources. Encourage conversations among your peers and family.
- Participate through activism and civic involvement. Identify groups or organizations with goals and values similar to your own. Donate as you are able to organizations that support those impacted. Call your government officials and exercise your right to vote for officials at every level who advocate for the principles in which you believe to express your voice. Remain committed to your own education and engagement over time, in the absence of heavy news coverage.
Resources for Reproductive Rights
- Planned Parenthood | Find a Health Center
- Telehealth Services | Doctor Appointments Online (plannedparenthood.org)
- Where to Get an Abortion | Find Abortion Services Near You (plannedparenthood.org)
- Birth Control Methods & Options | Types of Birth Control (plannedparenthood.org)
- Morning-After Pill | Emergency Contraception | Cost & Info (plannedparenthood.org)
- Home – National Network of Abortion Funds
- Need help paying for an abortion? – National Network of Abortion Funds
- How do I find the clinic that’s right for me? – National Network of Abortion Funds
- Safe Abortion Using Pills – National Network of Abortion Funds
- Will State or Government Insurance Cover My Abortion? – National Network of Abortion Funds
Arthritis & Methotrexate
Sexual Assault Awareness & Support
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network)
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1.800.799.7233 (SAFE)
- National Dating Abuse Helpline – 1.866.331.9474
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 1.800.656.4673 (HOPE)
- Home – NYC Anti-Violence Project (avp.org)
- Out & Equal | Workplace Advocates (outandequal.org)
- PFLAG |
- RESOURCES (lgbtqequity.org)
- CenterLink | The Community of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) Centers (lgbtcenters.org)
- Active Minds
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741 anywhere in the US or Canada to text with a trained counselor
- JED Foundation
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1.800.273.8255 (TALK)
- Protecting Youth Mental Health | The U.S. Surgeon General’s Advisory
- The Steve Fund