Join The Arthritis Foundation For A World Record Attempt
The Arthritis Foundation is making an attempt for a Guinness World Record for the Largest Remote 5K Run/Walk in a 24-hour period and is partnering with AOII to make it happen! We invite you to join us as we support the Arthritis Foundation in their opportunity to make history.
Participants from all Jingle Bell Run events will join together and run their favorite 5K route starting Saturday, December 12th at noon EST until through Sunday, December 13th at noon EST will be a part of an attempt to create the world’s largest remote 5K in a 24 hour period.
All you need to do is sign up for Virtual Jingle Bell Run under an existing AOII team or create a new AOII team under the AOII National Team and download the Run Go App on IOS or Android app stores and track your 5K from Saturday, December 12th at noon EST until through Sunday, December 13th at noon EST. If you have already signed up for the Jingle Bell Run all you need to do is download the Run Go App. This is essential because if you do not log your 5K on the Run Go app, it will not be counted toward the Guiness World Record attempt.
Here’s how to make your run count for the attempt at the World Record:
- Download the Run Go app (Android or iPhone) or make sure you have the latest update
- Launch the app. Register by adding email and password. (This is an important step to create a unique runner profile for the world record attempt).
- Select the 2020 Arthritis Foundation National Jingle Bell Run route.
- Log your route any time between 12:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 12th and 12:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 13th.
- Android users will need to click Download (this is not necessary on iPhone devices)
- Select Virtual: If you plan to walk/run/bike outside.
- Select Indoor: If you plan to walk/run/bike inside. (i.e.: treadmill)
- Do not Use Start: This will assume you are on the course and the GPS unit in your phone will not track correctly.
Whether you want to run your favorite 5K route, challenge yourself to something new or get moving on your treadmill, you can strut your stuff and FEEL GOOD about DOING GOOD. Along with being part of a world record attempt, every runner will receive an exclusive Jingle Bell Run short sleeve t-shirt, unique medal, and sticker for your water bottle or laptop!
With virtual participants from coast to coast, the Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell Run benefits the more than 54 million Americans (1 in 4 adults), including 300,000 children (1 in every 250), living with arthritis every day. From funding cutting-edge research for new treatments and ultimately a cure, to advocating for improved health care access, the Arthritis Foundation helps those living with arthritis score everyday victories, one step at a time.