Executive Board Election Time is Upon Us!
The Executive Board is made up of eight (8) alumnae sisters elected by Council at International Convention. The Executive Board’s purpose is to set the Fraternity’s vision and to work collaboratively to develop Fraternity policies that enable our professional staff to innovate and build our programming. The Executive Board functions under the principles of Carver Policy Governance. The responsibilities of the Executive Board include monitoring reports submitted by the Executive Director regarding the Fraternity’s performance and growth, adherence to policy, and financial stewardship. Executive Board members continue to refresh and build upon their knowledge of the governance model through ongoing trainings and reinforce their understanding of our policies through their dedicated work within their internal committees of Finance and Audit, Governance Board Development, and Membership Connection.
Any alumna in good standing may serve on the Executive Board. The composition of the current and former boards has included professionals in a variety of fields, including attorneys, educators, higher education professionals, stay-at-home mothers, entrepreneurs, TV executives, military officers, HR professionals, health care professionals, and the list continues. This diversity signifies there are a variety of skills, knowledge, and experiences that our members bring to Executive Board service, and that means YOU could be the next member elected to AOII’s 2023-2025 Executive Board!
Below, please find the timeline for the 2023-2025 Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity Executive Board election process.
- October 1, 2022
- 2023-2025 Executive Board application period opens. Position description can be found here and applications can be found here.
- December 1, 2022
- 2023-2025 Executive Board application period closes at 11:59pm CT.
- December 15, 2022
- Eligible Applicants announced.
- January & February 2023
- Applicant interviews conducted by Nominating Trustees.
- Applicant reference checks conducted by Nominating Trustees.
- Feedback gathered by Nominating Trustees.
- March 1, 2023
- Applicants notified of Candidate status.
- March 15, 2023
- Final ballot of Candidates announced.
- April 15, 2023
- Candidate information presented on AlphaLink.
- June 2023
- Executive Board elections are held during the first business session at AOII International Convention.
- The 2023-2025 Executive Board is announced at AOII International Convention.